REQUIREMENTS FOR OBTAINING BUILDING PERMITS
Before a building permit can be issued, the following must be presented to the building, planning, and zoning office:
- If applicable, a copy of the on-site sewage treatment permit authorized by the county Health Department. A final inspection report from Health Dept will need to be on file before CO is issued.
706-453-756l or 706-453-0965
- A completed Application with ALL pertinent information signed by the Licensed Contractor.
- Two copies of the drawings and specifications, drawn to scale. One copy will be returned to the applicant stamped and must remain on job site at all times. The second copy will remain the property of Greene County.
One and Two Family Dwelling(s) Fees: 20 cent Heated Sq.ft. & 20 cent Unheated Sq.ft.
Other Permit Fees….See Fee Schedule
- A copy of the plat showing the location of any existing structures and the location of any proposed structure being permitted.
- Any proposed construction occurring within 200’ of state water or on a site larger than 1.0 acres must furnish an erosion control plan. Greene County utilizes the review sheets provided by the state from the manual for erosion and sedimentation control in Georgia, for review of the erosion control plan. (Erosion control plan shall bear the seal of a registered professional.)
Electrical, Gas, Mechanical, and Plumbing permit application must be accompanied by a copy of the state license and county business license with a picture ID of the applicant. Permit must be purchased BEFORE starting work.
Applications for construction in the following categories must be accompanied with drawing showing the seal of a registered professional engineer or architect licensed in the state of Georgia.
1. All Group A, E, and I occupancies. (Assembly, Educational, Institutional)
2. Building and structures three stories or more high.
3. Building and structure 5,000 Sq. Ft. or more in area.
It is the permit holder’s or his agent’s responsibility to insure that installation of the approved erosion plan is implemented and maintained at all times. (See message inside of permit card.)
A street address will be assigned to your lot by our office or you will need to file an address application request with GIS/Mapping. The number must be posted before either any inspections will be done or permits issued.
Revised 9/20/12/Effective 10/1/12