|To Start Trash Service for a New or Existing Residence
To set up weekly curbside waste collection at your residence, please fill out the service request form or call 706-453-7716.
|Missed Pick-ups or Complaints
If your trash was not collected on its normal pick-up day and it wasn't on observed holiday complete the service request form or call 706-453-7716 for assistance.
|Observed Holidays with NO Trash Service
- New Year's Day
- Memorial Day (Last Monday of May)
- July 4th
- Labor Day (First Monday of September)
- Thanksgiving Day
- Christmas Day
If your normal pick-up day falls on a holiday, trash will will be picked-up the following day. Trash pickup is extended to Saturdays on the weeks involving the previously-listed holidays.
|How Many Carts Can I Have At My Property?
|You are billed for ONE cart on your annual property bill. If you need additional carts, you will need to contact Advanced Disposal at (478) 453-4435 and contract with them directly for each additional cart.
The Greene County Recycle Center is located at 1211 Meadowcrest Rd outside Greensboro. It is open from 7 a.m. to 6 p.m. Monday through Saturday and 1 p.m. to 7 p.m. on Sunday.
In addition, Habitat for Humanity maintains an aluminum can trailer at the following two locations as a fundraiser.
- Habitat for Humanity Greene County location. 1373 Willow Run Rd, Greensboro, GA 30642.
- Publix parking lot of Lake Oconee Village, 6350 Lake Oconee Pkwy, Greensboro, GA 30642
Liberty Fire Department also collects aluminum cans at its location at 2931 Liberty Church Rd; White Plains, Georgia 30678 as a fundraiser.
|Recycle Center Hours
| The Greene County Recycle Center is open from 7 a.m. to 6 p.m. Monday through Saturday and 1 p.m. to 7 p.m. on Sunday.
|What is Accepted at the Greene County Recycling Center
The Recycle Center accepts the following items from Greene County residents:
- Green goods: yard waste excepting large stumps, logs, or timbers
- Brown goods: wood products, upholstered/fabric furniture, non-recyclable plastic, TV's, lawn furniture, carpet, wood shingles, vinyl siding, and mattresses
- White goods: metal items such as kitchen appliances, wire, large cans/drums, air conditioners, bicycles, lawn mowers, grills, and water heaters
- Plastic items
- Motor Oil
- Vehicle Batteries
- Excess Household Garbage
Additionally, the Recycle Center also accepts recycled electronic items from local residents and businesses. Items accepted include:
- Office equipment
- Cell phones
- Keyboards and mice
- UPS systems
- Ink cartridges
- Other e-scrap such as game consoles, DVD players, banking equipment, VCRs, speakers and media (DVDs, CDs, tapes, etc.)
- Christmas lights
|What is NOT Accepted at the Greene County Recycling Center
- Prescription medications
- asphalt shingles
- liquid paints
- fuels or flammable liquids (of any kind)
- light bulbs
- *kitchen-related electronics. However, TVs and kitchen electronics can often be deposited in the white and brown goods bins.
This list may not be completely inclusive. Recycling Center Staff reserves the right to deem additional items not acceptable.
*TVs and kitchen electronics can often be deposited int the white and brown goods bins.
|Commercial Trash Pick-Up
To set-up trash pick-up for businesses in Greene County, contact Advanced Disposal at (478) 453-4435.