Greene County Board of Commissioners
April 11, 2017 Regular Meeting
- Approved a variance for Herman and Linda Frix at 1191 Sunset Bluff for a reduction in the rear yard setback to reduce the setback from 40 feet to 7 feet. The Commissioners spelled out four unique reasons that justified the granting of the variance.
- Re-appointed Nicholas Antone to the Board of Assessors.
- Approved Intergovernmental Agreements with the cities of Siloam, Woodville and Union Point for the use and distribution of proceeds from the 2015 Special Purpose Local Option Sales Tax (SPLOST).
- Approved an agreement for fire protection services with White Plains Fire Department, Incorporated to provide a legal instrument to distribute SPLOST funds. White Plains’s Fire Department is not operated under the City Charter.
- Authorized the execution of the annual contract with St. Mary’s Good Samaritan Hospital to pay for up to $400,000 in covered medical services provided to eligible, indigent County residents. The funds are already budgeted in the 2017 fiscal year.
- Approved an amendment to the contract with the Georgia Department of Transportation for the Federal Transit Funding.
- Approved a budget adjustment from contingency funds to pay for a new Courthouse security camera system for the Sheriff’s Office.
- Enacted a 60-day moratorium on the acceptance of applications for public right-of-way utilities permits for the construction and/or installation of wireless infrastructure.