- Download the application by clicking here.
- Print it out blank, and fill it out by hand (not within the Word Document). Also, do not forget to write the exact job title you're applying for in the "Position Desired" blank.
- Turn it in to Greene County Board of Commissioners office at:
1034 Silver Drive, Suite 201, Greensboro, GA 30642
If you have any questions, please call us at 706-453-7716.
Here is the list of available jobs within Greene County Government:
DEPUTY BUILDING OFFICIAL
The Greene County Board of Commissioners is accepting applications for a Deputy Building Official in the Building and Zoning Department to apprentice under the existing department head of the Building and Zoning department. Applicants must be self-motivated, possess excellent verbal and organizational skills, and able to work well with the public, county officials and staff. A combination of building inspection work in the public sector and related training and certifications is preferred.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Apprentice under existing Building Official and eventually oversee the Building & Zoning department and Zoning Administrator functions.
- Review architectural plans, plats, construction drawings and other zoning documents before presenting same to the Greene County Planning & Zoning Board in conjunction with the Building Official.
- Coordinate permit activities with staff to ensure code compliance.
- Inspect sites and buildings before construction or alteration to determine compliance and validity of permits.
- Inspect building sites in process of construction, alteration, or repair for compliance with building codes and regulations for safe application of construction and installation practices.
- Interpret codes and regulations and advise property owners, contractors, architects, engineers, lending institutions, realtors and utility companies on inspection matters relevant to construction, alternations, and repairs.
- Investigate complaints concerning new construction, existing structures, and any permitted work.
- Issue occupancy permits.
Qualified applicants may access and print an application via this webpage and submit with a resume to the Greene County Board of Commissioners’ Office at 1034 Silver Drive, Suite 201, Greensboro, GA 30642. Applications and resumes will be accepted until the position is filled.
The Greene County Board of Commissioners is accepting applications for Communications Officer positions at the Emergency Operation Center (EOC/E-9-1-1). Applicants must be self-motivated, possess excellent verbal skills and able to work well with the public, county officials and staff. Prior experience and certification preferred. Applications are available at the Greene County Board of Commissioners’ Office, 1034 Silver Drive, Suite 201, Greensboro, GA 30642 or may be accessed and printed via this webpage. Resumes will not be accepted without a completed application. Applications will be accepted until the positions are filled.
The Greene County Board of Commissioners is accepting applications for full-time and part-time Paramedics. Applicants must be currently licensed by the Georgia Department of Human Resources as a Paramedic; must have BLS and ACLS certification; and complete annual educational requirements as prescribed by Georgia laws/regulations and department policies and procedures. Prior experience preferred. Applications are available at the Greene County Commissioners’ Office, 1034 Silver Dr., Suite 201, Greensboro, GA 30642 or may be accessed and printed via this webpage. Resumes will not be accepted without a completed application.
Greene County is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Drug-Free Workplace.