Government Career Opportunities
Greene County currently offers a very competitive benefits package to all eligible full-time employees as well as some additional benefits for PRN employees. See below for benefits currently offered.
- Medical, Dental & Vision Plans
- County-Paid Short-term & Long-term Disability
- County-Paid Life & AD&D Insurance
- Supplemental Voluntary Life and AD&D Insurance
- Defined Benefit Pension Plan
- 457(b) Deferred Compensation, and a
- 401(a) Defined Contribution plan that will match your 457(b) contribution up to five percent.
- Paid Annual
- Paid Sick Leave
- 14 Paid Holidays Per Year
- Automatic Direct Deposit
Here is the list of available jobs within Greene County Government
|Public Works Entry Level Positions
The Greene County Board of Commissioners is accepting applications for entry level positions at Public Works. Applicants must be familiar with the use of hand and power tools. Ability to operate a bobcat and/or tractor is preferred. Responsibilities include general duties with the road department. A high school diploma or GED and a valid Georgia Driver’s License are required. Applications are available at the Greene County Board of Commissioners’ Office, 1034 Silver Drive, Suite 201, Greensboro GA 30642 or may be accessed and printed via this webpage. Applications should be turned in to the Commissioners’ Office and will be accepted until all positions are filled.
The Greene County Board of Commissioners is accepting applications for Communications Officer positions at the Emergency Operation Center (EOC/E-9-1-1). Applicants must be self-motivated, possess excellent verbal skills and able to work well with the public, county officials and staff. Prior experience and certification preferred. Applications are available at the Greene County Board of Commissioners’ Office, 1034 Silver Drive, Suite 201, Greensboro, GA 30642 or may be accessed and printed via this webpage. Resumes will not be accepted without a completed application. Applications will be accepted until the positions are filled.
- Download the application by clicking here.
- Complete the application using Adobe, print it out and sign in ink. You must include the "Desired Position" and "Salary Requirement".
- Turn it in to Greene County Board of Commissioners office via:
- In person at 1034 Silver Drive, Suite 201, Greensboro, GA 30642
- Via email to Tracie Beal, Personnel Director,
- or Fax to 706-453-9555.
If you have any questions, please call us at 706-453-7716.
Greene County is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Drug-Free Workplace.