Government Career Opportunities
Greene County currently offers a very competitive benefits package to all eligible full-time employees as well as some additional benefits for PRN employees. See below for benefits currently offered.
- Medical, Dental & Vision Plans
- County-Paid Short-term & Long-term Disability
- County-Paid Life & AD&D Insurance
- Supplemental Voluntary Life and AD&D Insurance
- Defined Benefit Pension Plan
- 457(b) Deferred Compensation, and a
- 401(a) Defined Contribution plan that will match your 457(b) contribution up to five percent.
- Paid Annual
- Paid Sick Leave
- 14 Paid Holidays Per Year
- Automatic Direct Deposit
Here is the list of available jobs within Greene County Government
|Senior Center Director
The Greene County Board of Commissioners is seeking to hire a Senior Center Director. The position is a full-time position reporting to the County Manager. The essential duties of the position include but are not limited to the following:
- Selects and supervises paid staff and volunteers.
- Works with the staff and volunteers to provide assignments and compliance with Senior Center guidelines.
- Plans, organizes, and coordinates recreation programs for senior adults.
- Provides training for assigned staff.
- Participates in the preparation and administration of an assigned Senior Center budget.
- Directs and coordinates the daily activities of the Senior Center.
- Monitors and evaluates Senior Center programs for improved effectiveness and efficiencies.
- Coordinates with nutrition staff to provide noon meals and Meals on Wheels.
- Oversees transportation of seniors to and from the Center.
- Creates monthly activities calendar and nutrition calendar to be distributed and added to the website.
- Coordinates with local agencies to provide legal, public and mental health, social services, adult school and other services and educational courses at the Center.
- Provides periodical statistical reports as appropriate.
- Conducts outreach, provides information and makes referrals as appropriate.
- Maintains a comprehensive, current knowledge of applicable laws/regulations.
- Attends workshops and training sessions as appropriate to stay current on trends and advancements in the profession.
- May assist with food preparation, maintaining a clean and safe environment and miscellaneous support staff activities.
- Other duties as necessary or assigned.
To apply: Qualified applicants may access and print an application via the County website (www.greenecountyga.gov) and submit a cover letter, application, and resume by email, mail, or in person no later than January 31, 2020. Applications can also be obtained in person at the Administrative Office. Submit to:
Personnel Director Tracie Beal
1034 Silver Drive
Greensboro, GA 30642
Phone: (706) 453-7716.
The Greene County Board of Commissioners is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Drug Free Workplace. Salary will be dependent upon qualifications and budgetary allocations.
|Maintenance Supervisor for Recreation
The Greene County Board of Commissioners is accepting applications for a full-time Maintenance Supervisor for the Greene County Recreation Department. This position would report directly to the Director of the Recreation Department and is responsible for supervising the recreation facility and field maintenance to ensure safe and secure recreational services that meet the needs of the County residents. Other essential duties and responsibilities would include, but are not limited to:
- Assist in preparing equipment, supplies and annual maintenance budget.
- Enforce all department rules and regulations, as well as field playability standards and weather polices.
- Perform all daily operations of the Maintenance Department. Coordinate activities with other departments as needed and advise the Recreation Director of infrastructure needs when they are discovered.
- Act upon verbal or written instructions from the Recreation Director and Recreation Employees, citizen complaints or written or verbal work orders. Inspect problem areas to determine the nature of the work required and notify Recreation Director of requirements.
- Maintain and monitor the Recreation Athletic facilities to assure they are clean and properly maintained for safe public use. Responsible and assists with emergency maintenance needs outside of normal business hours.
- Plant and care for trees, shrubs, turf grasses, flowers and other plants, as well as cut and remove trees and brush on Recreation property.
- Supervise and provide in-service training/development of seasonal employees and work with other staff to ensure that daily work goals / assignments are completed.
- Attend workshops and special training seminars to increase knowledge and better practices of Recreation functions.
A high school diploma or GED and a valid Georgia Driver’s License are required. Preferred candidates should have a minimum of one year in a Supervisory Role and possess the knowledge and level of competency that meet the prerequisites of the position. Applications are available at the Greene County Commissioners’ Office, 1034 Silver Drive, Suite 201, Greensboro, GA 30642 or may be downloaded and printed here. Applications should be turned in to the Commissioners’ Office and will be accepted until the position is filled. Resumes will not be accepted without a completed application.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER/DRUG FREE WORKPLACE
|Public Works Entry Level Positions
The Greene County Board of Commissioners is accepting applications for entry level positions at Public Works. Applicants must be familiar with the use of hand and power tools. Ability to operate a bobcat and/or tractor is preferred. Responsibilities include general duties with the road department. A high school diploma or GED and a valid Georgia Driver’s License are required. Apply in person at the Greene County Board of Commissioners’ Office, 1034 Silver Drive, Suite 201, Greensboro GA 30642.. Applications should be turned in to the Commissioners’ Office and will be accepted until all positions are filled.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER/DRUG FREE WORKPLACE
The Greene County Board of Commissioners is accepting applications for Communications Officer positions at the Emergency Operation Center (EOC/E-9-1-1). Applicants must be self-motivated, possess excellent verbal skills and able to work well with the public, county officials and staff. Prior experience and certification preferred. Applications are available at the Greene County Board of Commissioners’ Office, 1034 Silver Drive, Suite 201, Greensboro, GA 30642 or may be accessed and printed via this webpage. Resumes will not be accepted without a completed application. Applications will be accepted until the positions are filled.
- Download the application by clicking here.
- Complete the application using Adobe, print it out and sign in ink. You must include the "Desired Position" and "Salary Requirement".
- Turn it in to Greene County Board of Commissioners office via:
- In person at 1034 Silver Drive, Suite 201, Greensboro, GA 30642
- Via email to Tracie Beal, Personnel Director,
- or Fax to 706-453-9555.
If you have any questions, please call us at 706-453-7716.
Greene County is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Drug-Free Workplace.