Government Career Opportunities
Greene County currently offers a very competitive benefits package to all eligible full-time employees as well as some additional benefits for PRN employees. Current benefits offered are:
- Medical, Dental & Vision Plans
- Short-term & Long-term Disability Paid by the County
- County-Paid Life & AD&D Insurance
- Supplemental Voluntary Life and AD&D Insurance
Retirement benefits currently include a:
- Defined Benefit Pension Plan
- 457(b) Deferred Compensation, and a
- 401(a) Defined Contribution plan that will match your 457(b) contribution up to five percent.
All eligible Full-time Employees also receive:
- Paid Annual & Sick Leave, as well as
- 14 Paid Holidays Per Year
- Automatic Direct Deposit
- Download the application by clicking here.
- Print it out blank, and fill it out by hand (not within the Word Document). Also, do not forget to write the exact job title you're applying for in the "Position Desired" blank.
- Turn it in to Greene County Board of Commissioners office at:
1034 Silver Drive, Suite 201, Greensboro, GA 30642
If you have any questions, please call us at 706-453-7716.
Here is the list of available jobs within Greene County Government:
Administrative Assistant in the Building and Zoning Department
The Greene County Board of Commissioners is accepting applications for an Administrative Assistant in the Building and Zoning Department. This position is responsible for assisting in coordinating the county building permit process, scheduling inspections, receiving monies, reviewing plans, assisting in code interpretations, assisting with zoning, code enforcement cases, secretarial work, budget and assisting the Building Official in the day to day operations of the Building and Zoning office. The employee in this class assists the Building Official in ensuring that applicable codes, laws and ordinances are applied fairly, accurately, and justly and that county facilities are properly maintained. Work is assigned by the Building Official, in terms of general and detailed instructions, and is reviewed for accuracy and the nature and propriety of the final results.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Two (2) years’ experience dealing with the public in any of the following types of work: license inspection, code enforcement or compliance, business or regulatory work, planning, building inspection or other related experience, or have a combination of education, training and work experience that provides the requisite knowledge, skills and abilities for this job.
- Associate’s degree in planning, public administration or related field.
- International Code Council (ICC) Commercial Combination Inspector, ICC Residential Combination Inspector, and Code Enforcement certifications.
- Level II Certified Plan Reviewer.
- Bilingual (English/Spanish).
Qualified applicants may access and print an application via this webpage and submit with a resume to the Greene County Board of Commissioners’ Office at 1034 Silver Drive, Suite 201, Greensboro, GA 30642. Applications and resumes will be accepted until the position is filled.
Communications & Logistics Coordinator
The Greene County Board of Commissioners is accepting applications for the position of Communications & Logistics Coordinator. Duties will include management and maintenance of the County website, management of internal and external communications though various mediums, and logistical support to the county administrative team. Qualified applicants may access and print an application via this webpage and submit with a resume to the Greene County Administrative Office at 1034 Silver Drive, Suite 201, Greensboro, GA 30642. Applications can also be obtained in person at the Administrative Office. Applications will be accepted until the position is filled. The Greene County Board of Commissioners is an EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER/DRUG FREE WORKPLACE. Applications should be submitted to the attention of County Manager Byron Lombard in the Administrative Office. Salary will be dependent upon qualifications and budgetary allocations.
Deputy Registrar/Assistant Elections Supervisor
Greene County Board of Commissioners is seeking a qualified individual for the position of Deputy Registrar/Assistant Elections Supervisor. This full-time position performs a variety of election activities and duties and reports to the Elections Supervisor.
Duties and Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Oversees voter registration process by inputting and maintaining voter data
- Maintain office files
- Receive & process incoming mail
- Front Line Customer service to assist with Voter Registration & updating of voter records
- Verifies data entry to daily audit reports
- Executes routine voter correspondence
- Assists in processing of absentee ballot applications and ballots
- Prepares required monthly/daily reporting
- Ability to become proficient with various elections software systems and processes required, and must be able to become state elections certified within 90 days of employment
- Ensure compliance with all local, state and federal laws, codes and ordinances under the general direction of the County Elections Supervisor.
- Required to attend state meetings and conferences to maintain certification
- Ability to work extended hours during peak election activity periods, including evenings and weekends is required
- Performs other related duties as assigned and follows all procedures as set out in the Georgia Election Code to maintain compliance.
Candidates should possess excellent written and verbal communication skills and be able to work independently with minimum supervision. Knowledge of Word, Excel, Power Point and Outlook computer skills are a must, and a Bachelor’s degree is preferred with a minimum of 3 - 5 years office or elections experience, or a combination of education and experience which provides the requisite skills and abilities for this position. Applications are available at the Greene County Board of Commissioners’ Office, 1034 Silver Drive, Suite 201, Greensboro, GA 30642, or may be accessed and printed via our website (www.greenecountyga.gov). Applications should be turned in to the Commissioners’ office and will be accepted until September 27, 2018. Resumes will not be accepted without a completed application.
The Greene County Board of Commissioners is accepting applications for full-time and part-time Paramedics and EMT-I/AEMT positions. Applicants must be currently licensed by the Georgia Department of Human Resources for either of the above positions; must have CPR and ACLS certification; and complete annual educational requirements as prescribed by Georgia laws/regulations and department policies and procedures. Prior experience preferred. Applications are available at the Greene County Commissioners’ Office, 1034 Silver Dr., Suite 201, Greensboro, GA 30642 or may be accessed and printed via this webpage. Resumes will not be accepted without a completed application.
The Greene County Board of Commissioners is accepting applications for entry level positions at Public Works. Applicants must be familiar with the use of hand and power tools. Ability to operate a bobcat and/or tractor is preferred. Responsibilities include general duties with the road department. A high school diploma or GED and a valid Georgia Driver’s License are required. Applications are available at the Greene County Board of Commissioners’ Office, 1034 Silver Drive, Suite 201, Greensboro GA 30642 or may be accessed and printed via this webpage. Applications should be turned in to the Commissioners’ Office and will be accepted until all positions are filled.
The Greene County Board of Commissioners is accepting applications for Communications Officer positions at the Emergency Operation Center (EOC/E-9-1-1). Applicants must be self-motivated, possess excellent verbal skills and able to work well with the public, county officials and staff. Prior experience and certification preferred. Applications are available at the Greene County Board of Commissioners’ Office, 1034 Silver Drive, Suite 201, Greensboro, GA 30642 or may be accessed and printed via this webpage. Resumes will not be accepted without a completed application. Applications will be accepted until the positions are filled.
Greene County is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Drug-Free Workplace.