(706) 453-7716     info@greenecountyga.gov

Licenses & Permits


Short Term Rental Business License

Short Term Rental Business License

 Click here to be taken to the Short Term Rental Business License page.  

Occupational Tax Certificate (Local "Business License")

Occupational Tax Certificate

If applying for an Occupational Tax Certificate for the first time (similar to a Business License), please download, fill out, and submit the three forms below. You will also need to present a secure and verifiable document (see Attorney General links below).

If you are applying for renewal and are a U.S. citizen, you will not have to fill out the SAVE affidavit again.

If you have any questions, please click the links below to review the Greene County Code of Ordinances chapter on Business Licenses. For your convenience, a link to the State of Georgia's Licensing page is also below.

For further questions, please call 706-453-7716.

Important Links
Local laws concerning Business Licensing
State of Georgia Business License Information

Forms to Fill Out
Occupational Tax Return Application
Private Employer Affidavit
SAVE Affidavit

Georgia Security and Immigration Compliance Act

Attorney General of Georgia

The Attorney General maintains up-to-date copies of the following:

-2014 Secure and Verifiable Document List
-Private Employer Affidavit
-States Compliant with the Immigration Verification Requirement

E-Verify Information

To complete the Occupational Tax Certificate Affidavit, the above link could be helpful in obtaining an E-Verify number, if you do not already have one.


Alcohol Licenses

Alcohol License Application

Click here for more information. For questions on Alcohol Licenses, please contact 706-453-7716.

Boat/Vessel Registration

Click here for information on boat/vessel registration from the Georgia Department of Natural Resources.

Registration is required for all mechanically propelled vessels AND sailboats over twelve feet in length that are used on "Waters of this state."

"Waters of this state" means any waters within the territorial limits of this state and the marginal sea adjacent to this state and the high seas when navigated as a part of a journey or ride to or from the shore of this state. This definition shall not include privately-owned ponds or lakes not open to the public. O.C.G.A. §52-7-3(26)

“Vessel” means every description of watercraft, other than a seaplane on the water or a sailboard, used or capable of being used as a means of transportation on water and specifically includes, but is not limited to, inflatable rafts and homemade vessels; provided, however, Code Section 52-7-18, relating to rules of the road for boat traffic, shall be applicable to sailboards. O.C.G.A. §52-7-3(25)

Registration is NOT required for the following vessels:

  • Sailboats less than 12 ft. in length with no mechanical propulsion.
  • Canoes, kayaks, rowboats and rubber rafts that have no mechanical propulsion (i.e., are paddled, poled, oared or windblown) and
  • Boats operated exclusively on private ponds or lakes.
Firearm License

Contact Dale Temple for Firearms License Questions at 706-453-3346. 

Please click here for more information. 

Hunting & Fishing License

Click here for information on hunting and fishing licenses. 

Marriage License

To obtain a certified copy of your Marriage Certificate, click here.

Click here for information on obtaining a Marriage License. 

Contact Dale Temple for Marriage License Questions at 706-453-3346. 




Burn Permit

Click here for information on obtaining burn permits. 

Individuals acquiring burning permits within the city limits of Greensboro or Union Point must contact their City Hall Office and burn in accordance with local City burning ordinaces.

For example: The City of Greensboro only allows burning brush that is not within 1,000 feet of a residence and a fee is required for a permit..

Building Permits 

Schedule of Fees

Review the Inspection Procedures here.

**New Residential Building Permit Application

**NewCommercial Building Permit Application

Dock & Seawall Permit Application

Driveway Permit Application

Electric Permit Application (if not new construction)

Energy Permit Application

Energy Code Compliance Certificate

Fireplace Permit Application

Gas Permit Application

HVAC Permit Application (if not new construction)

Land Disturbance Permit

Low Voltage Permit Application (if not new construction)

Manufactured Home Permit Application

***Review the Manufactured Home Permit Procedures here before applying for a permit

Plumbing Permit Application (if not new construction)

Swimming Pool Permit Application

Sign Permit

Logging (Timber Harvesting) Form
 Click here to download the Custom Timber Harvesting Form
Manufactured Home Permit Procedures

Manufactured Home Permit Procedures

The manufactured home MUST NOT be put on the lot until the manufactured home permit is approved. A double fee will be assessed  if this occurs. Putting the home on the property DOES NOT assure you of a permit.

Pre-owned manufacture Home(s) MUST BE INSPECTED by the buidling inspector/code enforcement officer before entering the county. This service includes a fee for the inspection ($50.00) plus a fee for mileage to be paid in advance.

Minimum square footage of mobile manufactured home must be 1000 Sq. ft. unless placed in a mobile home park.

Please check zoning for the property to make sure a mobile/manufactred home is allowed. Only one home is allowed on each plat of property.   A permission letter must be submitted from the city of jurisdiction.

The applicant must provide the following:


  1. If you are going to have a new septic system or have an existing system, you must first contact the Health Department. There is a fee for this service. This could take up to twenty working days to complete. You cannot get a permit from us until we have a copy of your permit from them or a copy of the approval for the existing system. Call 706-453-7561. A final inspection is required from the Health Department before electricity can be approved for the home.
  2. A copy of the plat of the property, indicating the setbacks and any existing structure(s). You may get this information at the Clerk of Superior Court Office (706-453-3340). The fee is for the copy only. You will also need a Tax ID Number. This information is available at the Tax Assessor’s office (706-453-3355) or the GIS office (706-453-0881).
  3. PT-41 Form from mobile/manufactured home dealer. If you are buying a used home (other than a dealership) a bill of sale with the size, serial number, year, make, model along with the purchase price and a copy of the paid tax bill for the previous year. If this is not available, you must have the previous owner’s name and address and which county the home is being moved from.
  4. You must register the home with the Tax Commissioner’s Office. You will need the information from #3 along with the permit application from the Building Department. The Tax Commissioner’s Office will issue a decal. We must have a copy of the decal before we can issue a permit.
  5. A signed application with fee. The fee is determined by square footage of mobile/manufactured home multiply by .20 (20 cents/sqft) The application will be reviewed by the Building Department
  6. If you do not have an established driveway refer to driveway inspection details below.
  7. An electrical permit will also need to be purchased prior to an inspection for permanent power from the building department. Electrical permit application must be accompanied by a copy of the state license and county business license with a picture ID of the applicant. Permit must be purchased before starting work
  8. You will be given a Green Card with the mobile home permit number. This card must be posted at the driveway entrance so it can be seen from the road. The inspector will sign the card after each inspection. No inspections will be done without the card being posted.


**Pre-owned manufactured homes:

Prospective owner must comply with standards for installation of pre-owned manufactured home ordinance.


1st Inspection: Footing- after the lot has been cleared, graded and before the footings are ready to be poured. The lot must be graded so no water will run under the house before electric power can be turned on.

2nd Inspection: Septic hook up and tie downs- after the home has been tied down, the septic tank  must be hooked up before the underpinning is installed. Spacing and location of piers and pads shall be per manufacturer’s specifications. All other foundations and tie-down requirements shall meet the Georgia State specification for manufactured housing according to the Georgia Department of Community Affairs.

3rd Inspection: Skirting, landings, electrical and water- When the home is complete and ready for electrical service. The skirting must be installed. A minimum 3’ x 3’ landing with steps at each door is required. If over 30” above ground grade, rails are also required. Water must be connected to mobile/manufacture home. skirting must be solid, e.g., vinyl, brick, block, no lattice. Final inspection from Health Department for sewage system must be done and on file in our office. We will notify Rayle or GA power. A CO will be issued at this time.

Driveway Inspection: If the lot is located on a county road, before construction of the driveway- Please contact the Road Department at 706-453-3342. If the property is located on a State Highway, you must contact the GA State DOT office at 706-343-5836. Driveway permit is required.

Address- If you need an address assigned, please advise when applying for a mobile/manufactured home permit.

Do not move the mobile/manufactured home into the county without first getting your permit to avoid any penalties.

Electrical Permit- This must be permitted from the building department. Power will not be granted until all code requirements have been met and a notice of service sent to the power company by the building department.


___Septic System Permit                                                            
___Electric Permit (Set up account at Power Company)
___Plat of property                                                                       
___Driveway Permit (If county road)
___PT-41 or Bill of Sale                                                                 
___Mobile Home Permit Application                                     
___Letter of permission from City of jurisdiction


Manufactured Home Permit Renewal

Please contact the Tax Commissioner. Contact information here.

Logging notice/permit
Click here to download a fillable PDF of the logging permit.
Right-of-way/Event Permit

Applying for a right-of-way/event permit?

1. Remember that only events that utilitize public right-of-way require a permit.
2. Apply early! Event Sponsors should submit applications at least 60 days in advance of the event.
3. Read the ordinance on the left carefully, submitting required traffic, security, and otherdocuments,when applicable.
4. Fill out the following form available here.
5. Submit a $100 check with your permit application made payable to the Greene County Board of Commissioners.

For information on the County Code of Ordinances regarding the use of public rights-of-way, click here.



Upcoming Events

Board of Commissioners Regular Meeting

February 11, 2020 @ 5:00 pm - 12:00 am
To view the meeting agenda, click here.

Airport Authority Board Meeting

February 20, 2020 @ 8:00 am - 12:00 am
Meetings are open to the public.