(706) 453-7716     info@greenecountyga.gov

Licenses & Permits


Short Term Rental Business License

Short Term Rental Business License

 Click here to be taken to the Short Term Rental Business License page.  

Occupational Tax Certificate (Local "Business License")

Occupational Tax Certificate

If applying for an Occupational Tax Certificate for the first time (similar to a Business License), please download, fill out, and submit the three forms below. You will also need to present a secure and verifiable document (see Attorney General links below).

If you are applying for renewal and are a U.S. citizen, you will not have to fill out the SAVE affidavit again.

If you have any questions, please click the links below to review the Greene County Code of Ordinances chapter on Business Licenses. For your convenience, a link to the State of Georgia's Licensing page is also below.

For further questions, please call 706-453-7716.

Important Links
Local laws concerning Business Licensing
State of Georgia Business License Information

Forms to Fill Out
Occupational Tax Return Application
Private Employer Affidavit
SAVE Affidavit

Georgia Security and Immigration Compliance Act

Attorney General of Georgia

The Attorney General maintains up-to-date copies of the following:

-2014 Secure and Verifiable Document List
-Private Employer Affidavit
-States Compliant with the Immigration Verification Requirement

E-Verify Information

To complete the Occupational Tax Certificate Affidavit, the above link could be helpful in obtaining an E-Verify number, if you do not already have one.


Alcohol Licenses

Alcohol License Application

Click here for more information. For questions on Alcohol Licenses, please contact 706-453-7716.

Boat/Vessel Registration

Click here for information on boat/vessel registration from the Georgia Department of Natural Resources.

Registration is required for all mechanically propelled vessels AND sailboats over twelve feet in length that are used on "Waters of this state."

"Waters of this state" means any waters within the territorial limits of this state and the marginal sea adjacent to this state and the high seas when navigated as a part of a journey or ride to or from the shore of this state. This definition shall not include privately-owned ponds or lakes not open to the public. O.C.G.A. §52-7-3(26)

“Vessel” means every description of watercraft, other than a seaplane on the water or a sailboard, used or capable of being used as a means of transportation on water and specifically includes, but is not limited to, inflatable rafts and homemade vessels; provided, however, Code Section 52-7-18, relating to rules of the road for boat traffic, shall be applicable to sailboards. O.C.G.A. §52-7-3(25)

Registration is NOT required for the following vessels:

  • Sailboats less than 12 ft. in length with no mechanical propulsion.
  • Canoes, kayaks, rowboats and rubber rafts that have no mechanical propulsion (i.e., are paddled, poled, oared or windblown) and
  • Boats operated exclusively on private ponds or lakes.
Firearm License

Contact Dale Temple for Firearms License Questions at 706-453-3346. 

Please click here for more information. 

Hunting & Fishing License

Click here for information on hunting and fishing licenses. 

Marriage License

To obtain a certified copy of your Marriage Certificate, click here.

Click here for information on obtaining a Marriage License. 

Contact Dale Temple for Marriage License Questions at 706-453-3346. 




Burn Permit

Click here for information on obtaining burn permits. 

Individuals acquiring burning permits within the city limits of Greensboro or Union Point must contact their City Hall Office and burn in accordance with local City burning ordinaces.

For example: The City of Greensboro only allows burning brush that is not within 1,000 feet of a residence and a fee is required for a permit..

Building Permits 

See Building Inspection and Zoning

Logging (Timber Harvesting) Form

 Click here to download the Custom Timber Harvesting Form

Manufactured Home Permit Procedures


See Building Inspection and Zoning

Manufactured Home Permit Renewal

Please contact the Tax Commissioner. Contact information here.

Logging notice/permit

Click here to download a fillable PDF of the logging permit.

Right-of-way/Event Permit

Applying for a right-of-way/event permit?

1. Remember that only events that utilitize public right-of-way require a permit.
2. Apply early! Event Sponsors should submit applications at least 60 days in advance of the event.
3. Read the ordinance on the left carefully, submitting required traffic, security, and otherdocuments,when applicable.
4. Fill out the following form available here.
5. Submit a $100 check with your permit application made payable to the Greene County Board of Commissioners.

For information on the County Code of Ordinances regarding the use of public rights-of-way, click here.



Upcoming Events

Public Hearing

August 4, 2020 @ 9:00 am
The Greene County Board of Commissioners announces the availability of the proposed Fiscal Year 2021 Budget. The draft

Public Hearing and Called Meeting

August 14, 2020 @ 8:00 am
NOTICE OF PUBLIC HEARING In accordance with the Zoning Procedures Act, Notice is hereby given that the Greene