Magistrate Court - Closed to Public with Limited Exceptions - Learn More
Chief Magistrate, Judge LaVerne Ogletree
Hours: Monday – Friday, 8 a.m. – 5 p.m. (4 p.m. Wednesday)
Closed for lunch 12-1
Address: 113 North Main St, Suite 113, Greensboro, GA 30642
The mission of the Magistrate Court is to deliver justice to the citizens of Greene County by ruling on disputed claims or approving mutual settlements in civil cases as well as serving as the court of entry into the criminal justice system. Jurisdiction for the Court is found in Georgia law at O.C.G.A. 15-10-2. Further information may be found online in the Georgia Code or at your local library and in the Uniform Rules of the Magistrate Court.
- Criminal/Bad Checks
The Magistrate Court conducts hearings in the following cases:
- First Appearance Hearings (Bond Hearings).
- Arraignments and probation violations in misdemeanor bad check cases.
- Preliminary hearings.
- Pre-warrant application hearings.
- Dispossessory (eviction) cases.
- Civil claims involving funds up to $15,000.00.
- Abandoned Motor Vehicles.
- Personal Property Foreclosures.
Please be advised that the fees are $96 for one defendant and $50 for each additional defendant. For all other fees, please contact the Court.
For questions concerning Magistrate Court, please ask for Tammy Underwood or Debra Fleeman.