Trash Pickup & Recycling
To set up weekly curbside waste collection at your residence, please fill out the service request form or call 706-453-7716. Curbside waste collection is a little different in Greene County. The Board of Commissioners contracts the county's waste services to a private vendor and bills residential properties in Greene County a flat fee for curbside waste collection. You will not receive a bill for curbside waste collection. Rather, it is part of your annual property tax bill.
Please be advised that there is no trash pickup on the following holidays:
- New Year's Day
- Memorial Day (Last Monday of May)
- July 4th (Independence Day)
- Labor Day (1st Monday of September)
- Thanksgiving Day
- Christmas Day
Trash pickup is extended to Saturdays on the weeks involving the previously-listed holidays.
Curbside recycling is not handled by the county government, but we do have a centrally-located Recycle Center off of 1211 Meadowcrest Road about a mile behind The Home Depot.
The Greene County Recycle Center is located at 1211 Meadowcrest Rd outside Greensboro. It is open from 7 a.m. to 6 p.m. Monday through Saturday and 1 p.m. to 7 p.m. on Sunday.
The Recycle Center accepts the following items from Greene County residents:
- Green goods: yard waste excepting large stumps, logs, or timbers
- Brown goods: wood products, upholstered/fabric furniture, non-recyclable plastic, TV's, lawn furniture, carpet, wood shingles, vinyl siding, and mattresses
- White goods: metal items such as kitchen appliances, wire, large cans/drums, air conditioners, bicycles, lawn mowers, grills, and water heaters
- Plastic items
- Motor Oil
- Vehicle Batteries
- Excess Household Garbage
NOT ACCEPTED: Prescription medications, asphalt shingles, liquid paints, fuels or flammable liquids (of any kind), tires, and items not deemed acceptable by Recycle Center staff.
Additionally, the Recycle Center also accepts recycled electronic items from local residents and businesses. Items accepted include:
- Office equipment
- Cell phones
- Keyboards and mice
- UPS systems
- Ink cartridges
- Other e-scrap such as game consoles, DVD players, banking equipment, VCRs, speakers and media (DVDs, CDs, tapes, etc.)
- Christmas lights
NOT ACCEPTED: TVs, light bulbs, and kitchen-related electronics. However, TVs and kitchen electronics can often be deposited in the white and brown goods bins.