Manufactured Home Permit Procedures
The manufactured home MUST NOT be put on the lot until the manufactured home permit is approved. A double fee will be assessed if this occurs. Putting the home on the property DOES NOT assure you of a permit.
Pre-owned manufacture Home(s) MUST BE INSPECTED by the building inspector/code enforcement officer before entering the county. This service includes a fee for the inspection ($50.00) plus a fee for mileage to be paid in advance.
Minimum square footage of mobile manufactured home must be 1000 Sq. ft. unless placed in a mobile home park.
Please check zoning for the property to make sure a mobile/manufactured home is allowed. Only one home is allowed on each plat of property. A permission letter must be submitted from the city of jurisdiction.
The applicant must provide the following:
- If you are going to have a new septic system or have an existing system, you must first contact the Health Department. There is a fee for this service. This could take up to twenty working days to complete. You cannot get a permit from us until we have a copy of your permit from them or a copy of the approval for the existing system. Call 706-453-7561. A final inspection is required from the Health Department before electricity can be approved for the home.
- A copy of the plat of the property, indicating the setbacks and any existing structure(s). You may get this information at the Clerk of Superior Court Office (706-453-3340). The fee is for the copy only. You will also need a Tax ID Number. This information is available at the Tax Assessor’s office (706-453-3355) or the GIS office (706-453-0881).
- PT-41 Form from mobile/manufactured home dealer. If you are buying a used home (other than a dealership) a bill of sale with the size, serial number, year, make, model along with the purchase price and a copy of the paid tax bill for the previous year. If this is not available, you must have the previous owner’s name and address and which county the home is being moved from.
- You must register the home with the Tax Commissioner’s Office. You will need the information from #3 along with the permit application from the Building Department. The Tax Commissioner’s Office will issue a decal. We must have a copy of the decal before we can issue a permit.
- A signed application with fee. The fee is determined by square footage of mobile/manufactured home multiply by .20 (20 cents/sqft) The application will be reviewed by the Building Department
- If you do not have an established driveway refer to driveway inspection details below.
- An electrical permit will also need to be purchased prior to an inspection for permanent power from the building department. Electrical permit application must be accompanied by a copy of the state license and county business license with a picture ID of the applicant. Permit must be purchased before starting work
- You will be given a Green Card with the mobile home permit number. This card must be posted at the driveway entrance so it can be seen from the road. The inspector will sign the card after each inspection. No inspections will be done without the card being posted.
**Pre-owned manufactured homes:
Prospective owner must comply with standards for installation of pre-owned manufactured home ordinance.
1st Inspection: Footing- after the lot has been cleared, graded and before the footings are ready to be poured. The lot must be graded so no water will run under the house before electric power can be turned on.
2nd Inspection: Septic hook up and tie downs- after the home has been tied down, the septic tank must be hooked up before the underpinning is installed. Spacing and location of piers and pads shall be per manufacturer’s specifications. All other foundations and tie-down requirements shall meet the Georgia State specification for manufactured housing according to the Georgia Department of Community Affairs.
3rd Inspection: Skirting, landings, electrical and water- When the home is complete and ready for electrical service. The skirting must be installed. A minimum 3’ x 3’ landing with steps at each door is required. If over 30” above ground grade, rails are also required. Water must be connected to mobile/manufacture home. skirting must be solid, e.g., vinyl, brick, block, no lattice. Final inspection from Health Department for sewage system must be done and on file in our office. We will notify Rayle or GA power. A CO will be issued at this time.
Driveway Inspection: If the lot is located on a county road, before construction of the driveway- Please contact the Road Department at 706-453-3342. If the property is located on a State Highway, you must contact the GA State DOT office at 706-343-5836. Driveway permit is required.
Address- If you need an address assigned, please advise when applying for a mobile/manufactured home permit.
Do not move the mobile/manufactured home into the county without first getting your permit to avoid any penalties.
Electrical Permit- This must be permitted from the building department. Power will not be granted until all code requirements have been met and a notice of service sent to the power company by the building department.
___Septic System Permit
___Electric Permit (Set up account at Power Company)
___Plat of property
___Driveway Permit (If county road)
___PT-41 or Bill of Sale
___ Mobile Home Permit Application
___Letter of permission from City of jurisdiction