Alcohol Licenses

Glasses of beer lined up on a barHow To Apply For an Alcohol License in Greene County

All Applications Begin at the State Level

To apply for an alcohol license in Greene County, the process BEGINS with the Georgia Department of Revenue.  

Steps to Obtain an Alcohol License

  1. Navigate to the Georgia Department of Revenue
  2. Start the application process to obtain a Georgia Alcohol License. 
  3. When prompted, complete Greene County's application and gather all supporting documents.
  4. Application and supporting documents are uploaded to the Georgia Department of Revenue site. 
  5. When a confirmation number is received, remit payment to the Greene County Board of Commissioners.  
  6. Complete the fingerprinting/background check.  (Directions will be sent to you in an email after payment is received.)
  7. Application will go before the Board of Commissioners for approval. 
  8. If approved, Greene County will notify the state for you to receive your state license. 

Board of Commissioner's Approval

All Alcohol License applications must be approved by the Board of Commissioners.  The Board of Commissioners meet on the second Tuesday of the month.  To be included on the agenda, we must have a COMPLETE application packet no later than the third Friday of the previous month. 

Items Required for a COMPLETE Packet

  • Completed Application with the Personnel Statement Signed and Notarized
  • All applicable license fees (Certified Check or Money Order Only) 
  • Fingerprint Cards and Background Check for Registered Agent 
  • Provide a completed Occupational Tax Return Form
  • Completed Private Employer Affidavit 
  • Copy of Food Health Permit Detailed sketch of completed building and outside premises*
  • Proposed plans, specifications and copy of Building Permit
  • Evidence of Ownership of Building or Copy of Lease Agreement 
  • Copy of Note(s)/ Evidence of Indebtedness 
  • Passport-size photograph (front view) from within last two years 

*If requesting a "package sales" license, also provide a scale drawing showing distances to any nearby  Churches,  Schools,  or  Rehab  Center.  Or  furnish  certificate  of  Registered  Surveyor  that location complies with Ordinances.