Short-Term Rentals

In order to operate as a Short-Term Rental (any rental less than 31 days) in Greene County, the residence must be in a Short-Term Rental Overlay District, unless qualified under Section of the Greene County Ordinances, and have a current Greene County Short-Term Rental Business License.

Hotel/Motel Taxes

Short-Term Rental businesses are required to remit hotel/motel taxes. Hotel/motel taxes are due to Greene County by the 20th of the month following the rental.

Personal Property Taxes

All short term rentals are required to file a personal property tax return with the Greene County Board of Assessors.  Everything that is moveable, inside or outside, of the Short-Term Rental Property is considered personal property 

Read here for more information on  Short-Term Rental Tangible Personal Property Tax information.