The mission of the Greene County Development Authority:
- To grow economic activity,
- Enrich quality of life,
- Support smart economic development opportunities
- Progressively market our logistics, financial, educational and lifestyle resources to attract businesses which contribute to the creation of quality jobs, increased tax base
- Enhance sustainability and better our Greene County community
The Authority is a State of Georgia constitutionally chartered authority, which enables it more freedom than a statutory authority. The Authority was created in 1963 and amended in 1986.
The Greene County Development Authority operates on a fiscal year from October 1 to September 30, with an operating budget provided by the appointing bodies.
- 2nd Tuesday of every month at 8 am
- Greene County Board of Commissioners
1034 Silver Dr
Greensboro, GA 30642
Board Members serve for a four-year term. The term will be from July 1, 2022 to June 30, 2026.
How to be Considered for a Board Position
To be eligible to serve on a Board in Greene County you must reside in Greene County and maintain your residency during your term, you must not owe any delinquent taxes or fees to Greene County, you cannot serve on more than two appointed boards or authorities, and you must completely, properly and accurately complete a Candidate Questionnaire. Applicants ideally would have some relevant background, involvement or education in the respective board, be competent and of sound mind, be truly interested in the welfare of Greene County and its residents, sensitive to the long-term, as well as, immediate impact of their decisions, and be willing to devote the time and energy necessary to fulfill their responsibilities.
If you would like to be considered for the opening, complete a Candidate Questionnaire.