Occupational Tax Certificates and Business Licenses expire the 31st of December each year. Renewal notices will begin going out the week of October 24.
What is Needed to Renew
- All of the questions on the Renewal Notice must be completed and the form signed.
- A signed and notarizedPrivate Employer Affidavit must accompany the renewal.
- Some licenses may require additional paperwork. Those forms will be included in the renewal notice. Examples of licenses that need additional paperwork are Short Term Rental Licenses and Personal Care Homes.
- A check or money order for the renewal fee.
- If your business has a store front, you will be required to complete and return a Fire Self-Inspection Checklist. Home occupations are not required to complete and return the checklist.
Fire Self-Inspection Checklists
If you have renewed a license in the past, you will notice this is a new requirement. The goal of this document is to assist your company in getting ready for the forthcoming required inspections.
Using the Fire Safety Inspection List on a regular basis will identify occupancy hazards and non-compliant conditions that need to be addressed to ensure a fire safe environment. In addition to creating a safe environment for you, your staff and your customers, once the required on-site inspections begin taking place you may see a reduction in your business insurance rates with the improvement of our ISO rating.
If you have any questions about using the Fire Safety Inspection List, or would like an on-site consultation, fire service personnel are available. Pre-inspection assistance may be as simple as answering a specific fire-related question or as complex as as hands-on or online training for administrators or staff, and may include a partial walkthrough of the facilities.
Greene County Fire Rescue