If the power has been disconnected from my property, does the property have to be inspected before the power company will reconnect it?

Yes. In areas where electrical inspection is provided, the Public Service Commission requires that all wiring and equipment in or upon the premises of the Customer to the point of the service connection shall have the approval of an inspector from the constituted authority (cities and counties, for example) prior to connecting the Customer service to the Company’s system. Also, the Service Regulations of the Company on file with the Georgia Public Service Commission shall be met.

You will first need to contact your power provider and pay any requirements set forth by that provider. You would then need to contact the Greene County Building and Zoning Department at 706-453-3333 and fill out an application for an electrical permit. An inspector will then visit your residence and conduct both an interior and an exterior inspection of your electrical system. This inspection is conducted for your safety and the safety of the structure. 

If there are any deficiencies in your electrical system, those deficincies will need to be corrected before your power can be restored. Once you have received a successful inspection of your power system, a letter will be sent to your power provider to have the power restored at your property.

Show All Answers

1. I want to move a manufactured/mobile home into Greene County, what is my first step?
2. What are the setbacks in Greene County?
3. I want to work as a Builder or Trade Professional in the construction industry in Greene County. Do I need a State License?
4. Can I have an Inspector come out at a specified time?
5. If the power has been disconnected from my property, does the property have to be inspected before the power company will reconnect it?
6. If I have a complaint about a permit, inspection or zoning problem, who do I contact?
7. Does Greene County require an Occupational Tax Certificate from contractors and subcontractors to obtain a permit?
8. Does Greene County perform temporary power pole inspections?
9. What type of business can I operate on my land?
10. Is a site plan required in Greene County?
11. Do you have plans in your office for review of a job built in Greene County?
12. I’m looking for someone to perform work at my house. Do you have a list of professional builders, engineers, or contractors you can recommend?
13. Where do I obtain a septic letter? How do I see if my parcel will perc for a septic permit?
14. I want to sub-divide my land and sell lots. What do I need to do?
15. What permit application do I use for a remodel project in Greene County?
16. Where can I obtain a Building Permit?
17. Is there an Airport over-lay district?
18. Is there a Short Term Rental Overlay District?
19. Can I rent my house in Greene County?