How can I rezone my property for short-term rental?

View instructions on rezoning your property for Short-Term Rental Overlay (STRO) per Greene County Ordinances.

In addition to the process for a zoning map amendment, as provided by Article XIII, Sections and 13.3 of this Chapter, an application for the establishment of a STRO district submitted by an individual(s) shall include a list of each and every owner of real property, as reflected on the County’s property tax records, or in the case of property that has been transferred since the last property tax return, the owner as reflected on a deed provided by the applicant evidencing such transfer from the owner as reflected on the County’s property tax records, in the residential community indicating their support for the STRO District (PDF). Such list shall include contact information for each owner to include phone number, email address, street address of the lot in the residential community, mailing address, and signature indicating support of the application (PDF). The list of property owners submitted pursuant to the application requirements shall reflect the support of owners of at least 60% of the legal parcels in the residential community. Notwithstanding the indication of support by other property owners, or lack thereof, the final decision with respect to the imposition of a Short Term Rental Overlay District shall be made by the Board of Commissioners in compliance with the procedures and standards set forth in Article XIII of this Chapter.

A developer of a residential community may apply for a STRO District for areas designated within the residential community provided that the developer is actively developing the residential community, and continues to own developable property in, or adjoining the residential community. Such an application shall clearly designate the area to which the STRO shall apply.

If granted, a STRO District shall be approved for a period of five years after final approval by the County and may be terminated or renewed after a public hearing following the same procedure required for the initial designation.

Show All Answers

1. How do I obtain a Georgia Sales and Use Tax ID Number?
2. When is a short-term rental business license not required?
3. What happens if I violate this ordinance and operate without a license?
4. How can I determine if my residence is in a short-term overlay district?
5. How can I rezone my property for short-term rental?
6. Why did I receive a tangible personal property tax assessment notice?