As a caller you should expect to answer the following basic questions:
- What is happening?
- Car crash, house fire, injured subject, etc.
- When did it happen
- Something old or a situation in progress, etc.
- Where is the situation happening?
- Address, building, intersection, etc.
- Who is involved?
- "How many" and descriptions, calling party involvement, etc.
The call-taker may repeat back certain information including the address or phone number. It is important for you, the caller, to remain as calm as possible and allow the 911 operator to direct the conversation. This will ensure the quickest and most appropriate response.